KVUE in Austin is seeking an experienced, energetic News Producer to join our team in Texas’ fast-growing capitol city. We want our newscasts to reflect Austin — smart, innovative and creative — and the successful candidate will be able to use all the video, audio, and graphics tools to tell the story of the day in a way that’s uniquely Austin.
- Write and edit news stories for on-air broadcasts and digital platforms
- Work collaboratively with other producers and staff members to create engaging content and newscasts
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- Manage timing of newscasts and communicate with production crew and anchors to facilitate clean execution
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Knowledge of ENPS and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.