Produce a show, then head to the beach! WBTW, the dominant local news outlet in the Myrtle Beach market, is looking for a NEWSCAST PRODUCER who loves the fast pace of news and finding the most compelling way to present the day's stories.
You'll have top-of-the-line resources to make your show (and reel) shine: robotic cameras, a beautiful set with lots of screens, a graphic artist, and a seasoned team of anchors.
The ideal candidate will have a competitive attitude and work hard to grow into bigger roles. One of our producers recently earned a promotion to executive producer. Another became a producer in Philadelphia.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Curate stories from multiple sources
- Write conversational stories and decide how they'll be presented
- Clearly communicate your needs and plans with the team, including editors, managers, directors, reporters, and anchors.
- Make sure the show stays on time
- Other duties as assigned
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- The people – Reach out to current and past employees. They’ll probably tell you this is one of the best places they’ve ever worked. We have a team environment with respect for life outside work.
- The location – We’re a few minutes from the beach and, because we’re a tourist destination, we have amenities you won’t typically find in a smaller market, including great restaurants and things to do.
- The product – Our owner invests in our equipment to make sure we provide our viewers with best-in-market newscasts. When your reel looks like a big market station, you stand out.
- The investment in you – You'll receive regularly scheduled feedback from the News Director. You also receive instant feedback as we make adjustments to daily newscasts