KMBC-TV, the Hearst owned ABC affiliate in Kansas City, has an immediate opening for a full-time Newscast Editor. The position requires a good understanding of a file-based workflow and non-linear editing systems. Our successful candidate will also assist in some media/archive management. Knowledge and experience with Adobe Premier and Bitcentral preferred. The ideal candidate is detail orientated, performs well under deadlines, and has good time management skills. We are looking for someone who understands the importance of using natural sound, knows how to create continuity when editing a news story, and values visual storytelling.
- Edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines.
- Maintain news archives.
- Use nonlinear editing (Adobe Premiere) to edit newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material.
- Effectively collaborate with producers, reporters and managers to produce high quality stories
- Ensure proper storage and organization of media files.
- Maintain standards for all edited material.
- Take in ENG and SNG feeds.
- Any other editing duties as assigned.
- Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
- Military experience will be considered.
- Ability to work on linear and non- linear equipment.
- Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere.
- Must be able to manage multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of current television production techniques.
- Familiarity with mass communications law and media responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with photographers and producers.
- Must be able to record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system.
- Able to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
- Able to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment with calm, skilled execution.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE