The Newscast Director/Supervisor is responsible for providing timely technical operations support and management oversight for news broadcasts and other live and recorded programs.
ADDITIONAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscast and other live and recorded productions
- Supervises and assigns duties to workers engaged in technical control and production of programs
- Plans and manages staffing, training, and performance evaluations for the Production Operations Department, including Control Room and Studio non-talent) personnel
- Ensures that staffing levels are cost effective and enough to meet the needs of the station
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion, and termination of employees
- Works with the news/broadcast producers to deliver clean and high energy newscasts
- Ensures station compliance with FCC broadcast rules and regulations
- Monitors broadcasts to ensure that programs conform to station quality standards, policies and regulations
- Manages the use of studio and editing resources
- Trains employees in the use of equipment such as switchers, cameras, monitors, microphones, and lights
- Assigns projects to staff and verifies that deadlines are being met
- Acts as a liaison between the Engineering, Graphics and Productions Operations departments
- Performs various production duties when necessitated by employee absence or other exigent circumstances
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum five years’ experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment, with at least two years’ experience in a leadership role (More or less depending on market size).
- Experience guiding, directing and motivation subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Strong PC/MS Office experience
- Experience with broadcast equipment and production environments, including cameras, control boards, audio equipment and editing systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Physical Demands & Work Environment: Must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions or outdoors during remote broadcasts. In addition, must be able to handle control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Must be able to climb ladder. Must be able to life, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar