WCHS in Charleston, WV, is looking for a Director/Editor for our AM and Noon Newscast!
WCHS in Charleston, WV, is looking for a Director/Editor for our AM and Noon Newscast.
Perform any production duties as assigned including:
- Direct and TD any assigned newscasts and productions
- Supervise production crew on a daily basis
- Maintain production studio and control room
- Editing video for daily news coverage, special projects, and sweep period pieces
- Taking in news feeds from news bureaus and various news organizations
- Collaborating with anchors, reporters, and producers on video elements of newscasts
- Meeting daily deadlines in a high-energy working environment
- Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned
- Experience Directing and TDing newscasts preferred
- Non-linear editing experience preferred
- Familiarity with AVID Media Composer is a plus
- Knowledge of production standards and equipment preferred
- Must be able to clearly give direction to crew while under pressure
- Typing and good spelling skills are necessary
- Ability to read and write, college degree preferred
- Must be able to lift & position 40-pound lighting instruments
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group