The Newscast Director coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
- Coordinates the efforts of all technical operators and technical equipment during newscasts and other live and recorded productions
- Observes pictures through monitors and directs newscasts via Ross Overdrive system
- Works with news producers to deliver a clean and high energy newscast
- Switches video sources via automated systems and gives direction at the same time during live broadcasts
- Tests equipment to ensure proper operation
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager
- High school diploma
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Minimum two years’ experience in news operations and production preferred
- Experience with broadcast control equipment preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The Newscast Director must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Newscast Director must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighting up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Qualified applicants can apply online at http://www.nexstar.tv.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar