ABC24/CW30, in Memphis, Tennessee is seeking an experienced newscast Director/TD with a particular set of skills that contribute to the excellent viewing experience of our audience.
You will lead our PM team; supervise, assigns duties to crew, and act as liaison between engineering, news, marketing, sales, and the production department.
- In addition to directing newscasts, you will supervise, support, and assign duties to the crew, while acting as liaison between engineering, news, marketing, sales, and the production department.
- You will be a gatekeeper of the brand; meaning you and your team will be responsible for ensuring that everything that airs on our stations meets the standards of quality and excellence of ABC24.
- As the Director/TD, you will have knowledge of Ross Vision switchers, Sony XVS 6000 switcher, Chyron Hego, Edius editing, and Wheatstone audio board, plus graphics production.
- In addition to directing, the Director/TD will train camera, CG, and audio operators in the proper operation during live broadcasts and fill these positions as needed.
- Knowledge of ENPS 8 newsroom system, Bit Central Precis video playback system and studio lighting is a plus.
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 pounds.
- You must possess a minimum of 3-5 years directing/technical directing fast paced and graphic intensive live newscasts.
- You must possess excellent computer skills, people skills, leadership qualities, flexibility, availability, teach-ability and an innovative mindset.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
If you feel you are the one. Apply! We'll talk about it. ABC24 is a “jerk-free” workplace.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.