KCRG-TV9, the most watched and trusted news station in Eastern Iowa, is seeking a videographer to join our news team.
This position is tasked with gathering and composing video elements to help illustrate and tell stories of what's happening inEastern Iowa. This position is expected to be able to work alone or as part of a team with a reporter to gather video, interviewsand information and then edit that video into a story for presentation on TV and digital platforms.
Duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
– Shoot and edit video of news events
– Work with reporters in shooting, editing video for news stories
– Manage and run live cameras
– Conduct interviews and call to gather basic information
– Care for and manage assigned camera equipment
– Help log interviews and write short stories, as needed
– Assist in identifying potential news story ideas
– Ability to shoot video using professional grade equipment
– Basic technical knowledge of professional camera equipment
– Familiarity with nonlinear editing systems (experience with Edius is a plus)
– Skilled in lighting for interviews
– Previous newsroom experience preferred
– Ability to work well with others
– Proven ability to manage high stress under tight deadlines
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GrayTelevision complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether
part-time or full-time
, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical r religious accommodation.