KNX 97.1 FM, Los Angeles’ only 24-hour all-news station is looking for a part-time News Production Assistant (NPA). This is an entry-level position that requires strong communications skills, the ability to multi-task under extreme deadline pressure, and the capability to think critically. Responsibilities include preparing audio for air, setting up and monitoring live reports and interviews, answering questions from the public, and handling general newsroom duties as directed. The successful candidate will be comfortable working independently and as part of a team, be immersed in local and national news, and have unshakable ethics and standards. You'll be working with the best journalists in the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Prepare audio for broadcast
- Set up and monitor live shots and interviews
- Answer telephones and handle listener questions
- Monitor news sources and contribute story ideas
- Provide general assistance to the news staff, particularly during breaking news coverage
- Radio production and/or journalism background strongly preferred
- Must be able to manage and meet strict deadlines
- Experience with audio editing systems required
- Working knowledge of general office computer and newsroom software a plus
- Must be available to work different shifts (including overnights, weekends, holidays) and be amenable to changes in work schedule
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume and apply at https://careers-audacy.icims.com/