Colorado Springs, CO
FOX21 News is looking for a producer that possesses strong writing skills, thinks like a viewer and is not complacent with formula style producing. Change is good and attracting today’s viewers is a challenge you need to step up to. This position coordinates efforts of Anchors, Reporters, Editors and other staff toward crafting a compelling newscast. You will be responsible for developing the day-to-day on-air look of the newscast to attract viewers.
• The News Producer produces daily newscast items, decides the order in which stories will be told, writes teases and other content, times news programs, edits video, and posts video to the website
• Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms
• Approves scripts
• Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts
• Writes stories for the website and other digital platforms
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
• Performs other duties as assigned
Annual Salary: $40,000 – and up, commensurate with experience
• A career path to grow your professional experiences • Full medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as certain other health and wellness benefits
• Retirement savings plan with company match
• Other key company benefits include disability accident insurance, hospital indemnity, critical illness, life insurance, AD&D, ID protection, and employee assistance program. More details about timing and conditions of benefits eligibility and other plan terms and conditions will be provided upon hire.
A college degree in broadcasting or related major is preferred and producing experience would obviously be a plus. Familiarity with I-News, Adobe Premiere editing system and the Ross animated system puts you way ahead of the game. If you’re not a team player, this isn’t the newsroom for you.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar