Are you a “news junkie” with a passion for journalism and live television? If so, WQAD News 8 has an immediate opening for a morning show news producer.
- As a key member of our editorial content team you will collaborate with managers, the assignment desk and web producers in the planning, writing and coordination of all elements of the morning newscast.
- You must be able to handle a great deal of writing under tight deadlines
- Be able to keep your cool under pressure.
- The ideal candidate will have a four-year degree in mass communications, journalism or a related field, strong writing skills, strong organizational skills, and a high level of creativity.
- The right candidate for this position will be available to work a variety of hours including overnights and weekends.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.