THV11, TEGNA's CBS affiliate in Little Rock, Arkansas is looking for a skilled News Producer who has a passion for what local news should be on air, on digital, social media and streaming platforms. At THV11 we sincerely believe This is Home and are looking for a team member with a passion for creating innovative newscasts than can help inspire change in our community.
- Create unique, engaging newscasts or segments evoking emotion.
- Find original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Research for facts and credibility.
- Use consumer analytics in determining content.
- Use creative production techniques such as editing, graphics and other media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories and showcase them.
- Inspire news teams to work together for a great newscast.
- Problem solving when things don't go as planned
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or Executive Producer.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Minimum 1 years experience producing newscasts.
- Understanding the tenets of professional journalism
- Experience using tools such as Google Trends, Chartbeat, and CrowdTangle to select compelling content preferred.
- Strong social media skills, to find stories important to our community
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Strong coaching and team-building skills a must.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.