FOX West Texas in San Angelo/Abilene is looking for a highly-skilled Photojournalist to join our news team. We are seeking artistic photographers and editors who can create shareable and exciting content for television, social media, and mobile. We want journalists who can tell great stories on their own or with a team. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest photography, editing tools, and techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all platforms.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Contact sources and develop news stories. Cover breaking, general, sports, feature, and political news stories. Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions and suggest story ideas.
- Edit and post video and text content stories for the website.
- Develop news sources for general assignments and specialized areas of interest.
- Operate newsgathering vehicles to and from various locations.
- Operate Able IP video-based live unit when assigned.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications, or related field
- 1-3 years of experience preferred in a newsroom environment
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable, with the ability to travel with short notice and work some weekends/holidays
- Strong photojournalism skills and be proficient in video lighting
- Strong computer skills in a mobile environment
- Must be able to make quick decisions while working under pressured deadlines
- Ability to be a team player communicate openly and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and events
- The ability to work well in a team environment and in high-stress situations
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.