WXII 12 is actively recruiting students for our News Internship. This is a paid internship. Internships provide a professional learning experience at WXII 12. This is a paid internship. The internship will be in-person at the station in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and may include opportunities off-site. The program is designed to help journalism/communications majors gain knowledge of the television station through exposure to the different positions and departments at WXII. This Internship will run from approximately from mid-May until mid-August.
During the program, interns will receive hands-on experience with positions in the newsroom, including:
- Assignment Desk ??? learn how news is gathered and assigned
- Reporting ??? shadow reporters on interviews and during live shots
- Producing ??? understand process of creating a news broadcast from scratch and learn basics of television news writing
- Digital Media ??? learn about the strategic use of WXII???s website and social media platforms
Interns will also learn about departments outside the newsroom, including Sales and Creative Services.
Throughout the program, interns will also have the opportunity to create their own work.
Candidate Requirements: Please attach a cover letter with your application with the following information.
1. Please list preference (News, Sports, Weather, Digital, etc.)
2. Available start and end dates
3. Days and hours available to work
Final candidates are subject to a background check as a condition of employment with WXII TV.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE