ABC24 (the TEGNA station in Memphis, TN) is seeking an experienced News Content Producer to join our innovative team. As a producer, you will collaborate with news managers, directors, reporters and anchors on the overall content and flow of our news broadcasts.
You must be able to identify and produce engaging and shareable content while showcasing stories in a way that differentiates us from our competitors. This role needs someone who is a leader, has a strong journalistic base, excels with conversational writing, and can multitask under deadline.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, passionate storyteller and communicator who can live out our brand values every day.
As the News Content Producer, you are expected to use your editorial voice and interpersonal skills to collaborate with others to ensure newscast are executed clearly on air, are relevant to current events and meet audience preferences.
- Write in an exciting, accurate and creative way
- Craft, build, mold, visualize, conceptualize the lead story, deep-dive content, and specialized material for the newscast.
- Work with other show producers, on-air talent, and news management, to create new content and showcase content in unique ways. Work with digital team to highlight digital content on air, making sure this content is being properly showcased inside all newscasts.
- Look for opportunities to create original content. Work with reporters and anchors and MSJs to enhance their daily stories with graphics and production techniques that will help tell the story in more visual and compelling way.
- Collaborate with the newsroom managers on developing news stories and planning; pitch and write/produce stories on-air news coverage and online platforms.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field preferred
- 1-3 years of producing experience preferred
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Experience making editorial decisions during live broadcasts
- Understanding the tenets of professional journalism
- Ability to effectively communicate with anchors, reporters and editors
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.