KRCR is looking for a News Content Creator to join our award-winning news team in Chico-Redding! We are looking for a passionate, driven individual who wants to cover impactful, engaging news stories in beautiful Northern California.
KRCR in Chico-Redding is looking for a News Content Creator to join our award-winning news team in Chico-Redding! We are looking for a passionate, driven individual who wants to cover impactful, engaging news stories in beautiful Northern California. In this role, you will pitch story ideas, attend editorial meetings, shoot stories and create content for our various platforms. This individual will collaborate with newsroom leaders on stories to bridge the gap between broadcast and digital with a focus on hyper-local, community-driven, accountability-based journalism. Fronting stories on air is not required in this role.
- Researches, shoots, writes and edits daily content for broadcast and digital platforms on deadline
- Generates content in a manner that is clear and engaging to news consumers
- Enterprises ideas and develops contacts to generate interesting and relatable stories
- Sets up live shots as needed (i.e. breaking news, live events, etc.) for feed purposes, reporters in field and/or anchors in studio
Requirements And Skills:
- Sharp news judgment with an understanding of basic journalistic standards and practices
- Solid writing & technical skills, solid grasp of AP style writing
- Social Media Expertise
- Ability to think critically, multitask and problem solve
- A strong understanding of social media best practices aimed at engaging audiences
- Clear communication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or equivalent is preferred
- At least 1 year of experience in a working newsroom (college experience accepted)
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record
- Experience shooting on Live-U is a plus. Training will be provided.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
The base hourly compensation range for this role is $17.00 to $18.85 per hour. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates’ relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, vacation time, personal time, parental leave and employee stock purchase plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group