WFFF and WVNY, the FOX and ABC affiliates in Burlington, Vermont, are looking for a standout News Anchor/Reporter. We want a journalist who has it all: great storyteller, strong on-air presence, big personality, big energy, social-media star, digital-first mindset, and a news junkie who will help us win breaking news. We need someone with the mentality of a bulldog reporter. You must be curious and competitive. Above all, you need to have an optimistic outlook and a winning attitude.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
- Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily
- Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
- Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
- Gather and verify information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
- Build network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its competitors
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education
- Three (3) years television anchoring or reporting experience required
- Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
- Strong reporting skills
- Understand importance of social media
- Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar, and organizational skills
- Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
- Operate newsroom computer systems
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar