Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Nexstar Inc., consists of three divisions: Broadcasting, Digital, and Networks. The Broadcasting Division operates, programs, or provides sales and other services to 198 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 116 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). The division’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. The Digital Division operates 122 local websites and 316 mobile apps offering hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content and creating new revenue opportunities for the company. The Networks Division operates WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and the home of NewsNation, multicast network Antenna TV, and WGN Radio in Chicago. Nexstar also owns a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information, please visit http://www.nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- The News Anchor / MultiMedia Journalist serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
- Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
- Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily
- Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
- Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
- Gather and verify information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
- Build network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its competitors
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education
- Three (3) years television anchoring or reporting experience required
- Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
- Strong reporting skills
- Understand importance of social media
- Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
- Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
- Operate newsroom computer systems
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar