1010 WINS and WCBS Newsradio 880 are looking for high-energy communicators with strong writing and storytelling skills to help engage a new generation of news consumers.
If you understand that compelling writing, great storytelling, and creative use of sound make for a great news product and a great listening experience, then we want to hear from you. New York is one of the most diverse cities in America and our stories reflect its people, issues, politics, and quality of life.
What You'll Do:
Candidates must demonstrate strong news judgement and must understand the powerful voice and responsibilities of our brands. We are looking for an idea-generating journalist with a positive attitude and standout work ethic. The winning candidate must demonstrate the ability to collaborate on story ideas and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Candidates must be detail oriented and cool under the pressure of meeting tight deadlines. Experience in the New York Metropolitan area is a plus. Must be willing to work a schedule that could include holidays, nights, overnights, and/or weekends.
More About You:
- Anchor and/or report live from the studio or in the field
- Superb broadcast writing skills
- Ability to read and understand complex material and turn it into easy to understand copy under deadline pressure
- Gather, write, record, edit and deliver news content
- Collaborate with newsroom staff
- Anchor Live Coverage of Breaking News and Special Coverage
- Interview newsmakers
- The ability to project urgency while staying calm and in control during major breaking news and to do so without a script
- Operate studio board while on air
- Connect with listeners on social and digital platforms to promote brand
- Develop and research potential news stories
- Protect the station’s FCC license
- Other duties as required by management
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume and apply at https://careers-audacy.icims.com/