We’re looking for the advertising sales executive who wants unlimited earning potential. The ideal candidate will have the ability to take the market by storm. Responsible for growing KRON 4’s advertiser list, developing new business revenue and growing KRON’s market share through the sale of commercial television spots, specials and digital assets. Expected to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with clients and assigned/designated agencies through frequent contact in person or by telephone and to promote the station and sell available air time. Prepare sales presentations to sell commercial airtime utilizing available in-house ratings research materials, knowledge of the advertisers and agencies and their advertising needs, knowledge of the local marketplace competition and available station commercial time.
The New Business Development Specialist is the Account Executive responsible for prospecting and securing qualified appointments with business owners with the goal of securing new business for the television’s stations and its digital products. This position is not entry level and requires that any candidates applying have had direct sales experience, training and considered proficient in growing client’s businesses through knowledge of proven retail strategies. This position offers a competitive compensation plan and is a key position within the sales department.
This is a full-time, non-union, exempt position.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
This individual will possess proven sales skills and has the experience and understanding of the retail marketing side of small businesses. The candidate will be fearless in the pursuit of new business. This position will report to the Local Sales Management team and will be responsible for achieving aggressive revenue goals across all our platforms including our television station and digital platforms.
- Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
- Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
- Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
- Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
- Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
- Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
- Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Minimum one year’s experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record. Regional driving required.
- Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with a focus on PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The New Business Account Executive must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Sales Account Executive must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED ~ Background check required. Qualified applicants can apply online at http://www.nexstar.tv. Application materials should include: • Cover letter which also states income requirements • Resume detailing background and skills • Names and numbers of professional references.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar