WZDX FOX54 is seeking a qualified National Sales Assistant to work in the fast-paced and exciting Television industry. This person provides support for the Director of Sales, (DOS) for all aspects of National sales. This includes transferring orders, sending spot placements, working make goods and dealing with requests from Account Executives and agencies as they arise.
Learning database and industry software is required. This is a great opportunity for someone who is able to maintain a high level of accuracy while working with tight deadlines.
- Assist and support the Director of Sales (DOS) to service National and Political Advertisers in day-to-day duties.
- Enter, confirm and maintain all new, revised and canceled national orders including electronic transfer and maintenance of all orders in WideOrbit, with special focus on accuracy.
- Send log times, such as pre-logs and post-logs and invoices as necessary.
- Daily management of pre-empted and displaced spots; problem solving with DOS.
- Notify all program changes, specials, etc. through the electronic order system as soon as reportable.
- Weekly maintenance for Paid Programming
- Communicate any revenue changes in new/existing orders to DOS
- Research billing discrepancies and reconcile credit memos as required prior to month-end.
- Daily maintenance of Political orders and file
- Facilitate traffic for National advertisers
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook; Proficiency in WideOrbit systems preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, manage multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Consistently meet deadlines in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Capable of learning new systems promptly and thoroughly.
- Must be highly-focused, organized, and detail oriented.
- Must take pride in work, respond to instruction well, thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working independently and perform at a consistently high-level.
- Excellent telephone, email and verbal communication and problem solving skills are important. Accuracy and ability to interact with station partners in a professional manner is essential.
- Deal with the daily stresses and pressures associated with commercial television sales.
- No travel required.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.