WWL-TV, the TEGNA-owned CBS affiliate in New Orleans, LA is seeking a Producer to join our award-wining team.
We’re looking for a producer who can create informative, engaging & memorable newscasts. Our producers seek out and produce impactful content. You must understand the importance of winning weather and owning the big story of the day. This position requires leadership and solid decision-making skills.
- Produce a creative and informative newscast
- Coordinate writing, editing of scripts that mix video, sound and graphics to enhance storytelling
- Coordinate and plan live shots
- Develop and oversee the production of graphics
- Work under tight deadlines
- Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
- Communicate with anchors, field crews and control room staff
- Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute news
- Must keep up on local, state, national and international events
- Contribute story ideas to the newsroom daily
- Must work individually, as well as part of a team
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related preferred
- Minimum of 1year experience producing/line producing for newscasts
- Perform other tasks as required by Executive Producer & Senior Producer.
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook.
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, or similar news formatting and editing software preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines.
- Experience handling live, breaking news situations, and changing events
- Work Environment: Normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.