Go live from the beach! WBTW, the dominant local news outlet in the Myrtle Beach market, is looking for a MULTIMEDIAJOURNALIST who’s passionate about breaking stories and setting the agenda for the local news market.
We invest in our talent here. Most people grow into bigger roles, including both our weekend anchors who started as MMJs. We want people with a competitive attitude to help the station win!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Pitch on-brand enterprise stories
- Write, shoot, edit, and present content for all platforms, including TV, digital, and social media
- Engage with viewers on social media platforms
- Confirm stories while developing sources to regularly break news
- Attend community events
- Other duties as assigned
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- The people – Reach out to current and past employees. They’ll probably tell you this is one of the best places they’ve ever worked. We have a team environment with respect for life outside work.
- The location – We’re a few minutes from the beach and, because we’re a tourist destination, we have amenities you won’t typically find in a smaller market, including great restaurants and things to do. Myrtle Beach is one of the fastest growing areas in the country, which presents a lot of opportunities for storytelling.
- The product – Our owner invests in our equipment to make sure we provide our viewers with best-in-market newscasts. When you’re surrounded by a professional-looking product, your reel will stand out.
- The investment in you – You'll receive regularly scheduled feedback from the News Director. You also receive instant feedback as you turn in scripts and videos.