KARE 11 is looking for a Multimedia Designer to join our award-winning Marketing team. This position will be responsible for being a major player in the transformation of the brand while collaborating with our award-winning creative team to deliver campaigns that inform, inspire, and make an impact. You will work in a fast-paced environment, creating quality designs and animations for promotional digital, on-air & social videos. You’ll also work on a wide variety of project that make an impact on the station and industry.
We’re looking for an individual who enjoys smart design and possesses a savvy comprehension of motion, color theory, and typography. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in motion graphic design and print design for marketing and/or branding. (Please note, this is about 50% design and print work, and about 50% animation and motion graphics.) You’ll have a hand in every medium from animated 3D comps to magazine ads. A successful candidate will be nimble and quick – able to push innovation and design.
- Design on-air and print communications including promotional video messages, video and print graphics, digital assets, branded content, marketing assets and show packaging from concept to completion.
- Help define aesthetic and maintain brand-style through strong visual identity.
- Liaise with various departments across the organization such as news, sales, digital and community to ensure cohesive campaigns are executed creatively and strategically across platforms.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3 years of motion graphic/print design experience, preferably in a broadcast environment.
- Have an incredible design eye and animation skill.
- Be an excellent communicator and leader.
- Understand that change is a constant in television broadcast, take direction effectively and productively.
- Strong skills in Adobe CC Suite required, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects.
- Cinema 4D and Premier Pro is a Plus
- Able to perform under very tight deadlines and act as an influencer within the department.
- Working knowledge of various news graphic design; Chryon software and applications, a plus
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.