FOX43 WPMT is looking for a talented and experienced Reporter and Multi-Skilled Journalist with a passion for breaking news, and live coverage. The ideal candidate will be able to enterprise impactful stories for audiences on all platforms. We are looking for an aggressive journalist and creative storyteller who will excel in this digital age of journalism. We want journalists who can create unique and shareable stories for both broadcast and digital/social platforms through memorable writing, compelling video, and editing.
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news content for on-air broadcasting
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
- Develop original, enterprise content through social listening and independent sources
- Deliver on-air news events, under deadline, in an engaging, compelling, and accurate manner
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest
- Operate newsgathering vehicles to and from various locations
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 1-3 years of daily local newsgathering experience is required
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Motivation to uncover and research unique stories not being told anywhere else
- Ambition to develop and constantly maintain a diverse list of story contacts’
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekend and holiday shifts
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.