KSDK 5 On Your Side is looking for a talented and experienced reporter and multi-skilled journalist ready to cover news in the highly competitive St. Louis market. The candidate should be a positive problem-solver who can produce compelling daily content for our broadcast and digital platforms. Broadcast skills are important and so is the ability to write for the web – quickly and clearly. We believe our newsroom culture sets 5 On Your Side apart because of our news managers’ strong commitment to our reporters’ professional growth, training, regular feedback, and mentoring. If you're a great teammate and a collaborative newsroom culture appeals to you, we want to hear from you.
- Pitch compelling stories that can be turned on a daily deadline
- Generate unique, compelling and innovative story/show ideas and content.
- Edit digital video and operate camera with video and still capabilities
- Skilled at calmly handling live, breaking news situations and changing events.
- Ability to communicate stories in conversational manner with an ensemble team.
- Deliver stories that offer unique and interesting perspective.
- Excellent, creative presentation and writing skills a must.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms.
- Strong social media skills, including an active presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Excellent use of social media for news gathering/disseminating and community engagement.
- Cultivate sources and enterprise lead worthy reports.
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting.
- Community and/or talent appearances.
- Perform other tasks as required
- Research effectively, develop sources, and build relationships with newsmakers
- Communicate effectively with news managers and colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in news reporting
- High standards of accuracy and fairness.
- Familiarity with or reason to relocate to St. Louis is a plus
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius is a plus
- Strong social media presence desired
- Proven strength in on-camera delivery with the ability to ad-lib.
- Excellent writing, packaging, and live skills.
- Must be able to report in a broad range of styles, from field anchoring to studio touchscreen
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.