FOX61 in Hartford, CT is looking for a Multi-Skilled Journalist to join our award-winning team. The ideal candidate is naturally curious, authentic, engaged, social media savvy and wants to be involved in the communities which we serve. This storyteller should live and breathe our Expect More brand and strive to deliver news to our viewers under three key tenets: Compassion. Community. Connecticut.
You must be willing to dig deeper, seek solutions and ask tough questions. The ideal candidate knows how to write, shoot and edit.
- Develop and pitch unique enterprise stories daily
- Participate in daily editorial decisions and long-term strategic newscast initiatives
- Shoot, write, edit and present compelling stories, either solo or in collaboration with a photographer
- Proven success in delivering breaking news stories to viewers and engaging audiences through the use of all facets of social media
- Write digital stories and post to content management system
- Develop and maintain contacts with local newsmakers, sources and experts throughout the community
- Connect with local communities by meeting with local groups and representing FOX61 at important events in and around Hartford
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Journalism or related degree (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education)
- At least one to three years of experience reporting or anchoring
- Strong reporting skills and demonstrated experience with live shots
- Flexibility in scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
- Demonstrated track record of producing new reports and live reports from the field using MMJ Equipment & Cell phone technologies
- Experience with live shots
- Confident & experienced performance on air
- Ability to handle breaking news on-air, online and behind the scenes in timely and professional manner
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.