WQAD News 8, is recruiting an experienced Multi-Skilled Journalist emphasized as an Photographer/Editor to join our NPPA style team. We are seeking a highly skilled, artistic photographer and editor who can create sharable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile. We want a journalist who can tell great stories alone or with a team. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the latest photography, editing tools and techniques. That person should be proficient with live news gathering tools and be able to participate in live performance on air and on live streaming when necessary.
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
• Produce original content on air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and other forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Cover breaking, general, sports, weather stories and features, often in partnership with our multiskilled journalists.
• Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
• Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
• Operate live units and Dejero backpacks
• 1-3 years of experience preferred
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
• Experience with Edius a plus
• Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• SNG experience, a plus
• Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
• Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
• Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.