Job Summary: WQAD News 8 in Moline, IL is seeking a Multi-Skilled Journalist to join our news team. We are looking for a multi-tasker who can not only take on the role of MSJ but contribute your content to our digital platforms as well. The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, strong reporting skills and experience as a videographer and nonlinear editor along with the ability to tell memorable stories and ad lib with ease.
If you are a serious, smart journalist who wants to work in an innovative environment, is driven and self-sufficient, apply now!
• Shoot, edit, write and produce news stories including vo’s, vo/sot’s and packages
• Cover breaking news with a sense of urgency
• Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community
• Produce content for Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites
• Appear on camera as required for all platforms
• Gather material on multiple stories per day – delivering content throughout the day on all platforms
• Develop and execute enterprise content on a consistent basis
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
• 1+ years of MMJ experience
• Proven track record delivering compelling and promotable stories
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.