KCEN-TV, serving the Central Texas community, is looking for an innovative storyteller. We provide the platform. You tell the stories that have the power to change lives and make our communities stronger.
We want journalists who can create enterprise and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing.
- Enterprise story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air and digital broadcasting.
- Produce interactive, exciting live shots.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Develop news sources for general assignment and targeted special reports.
- Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
- Operate news vehicle to and from various locations.
- Operate live shot equipment like a TVU and Dejero.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Shoot, write and edit packaged reports.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Bilingual, (English & Spanish) speaking preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.