KSDK 5 On Your Side is looking for a talented and experienced reporter and multi-skilled journalist ready to cover news in the highly competitive St. Louis market. The candidate should be a positive problem-solver who can produce compelling daily content for our broadcast and digital platforms. Broadcast skills are important and so is the ability to write for the web – quickly and clearly. We believe our newsroom culture sets 5 On Your Side apart because of our news managers’ strong commitment to our reporters’ professional growth, training, regular feedback, and mentoring. If you're a great teammate and a collaborative newsroom culture appeals to you, we want to hear from you.
- Pitch compelling stories that can be turned on a daily deadline
- Research effectively, develop sources, and build relationships with newsmakers
- Meet broadcast and digital deadlines
- Communicate effectively with news managers and colleagues
- Edit digital video and operate camera with video and still capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in news reporting, preferably more than 2
- High standards of accuracy and fairness.
- Familiarity with or reason to relocate to St. Louis is a plus
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius is a plus
- Strong social media presence desired
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.