CBS 19, a TEGNA owned NBC affiliate in Tyler, TX is looking for an experienced, dynamic and enterprising MSJ (Multi-Skilled Journalist). This MSJ position is responsible for covering news of the day and breaking news with live shots from the field or from the studio. In this position you will be required come up with enterprise story ideas, be a strong storyteller and team player who knows how to connect with the community on all platforms. You will be expected to take ownership of your stories, coordinate the stories with producers, set up stories in advance and consistently manage a calendar of stories for each show. In this role you will be required to establish sources and pitch unique enterprise ideas. You will need to consistently engage with viewers on social media and write for digital.
- Have excellent, creative presentation and writing skills
- Have an excellent use of social media for news gathering/disseminating and community engagement
- Cultivate sources
- Contribute to multiple platforms on a daily basis including writing for the website, posting on social media, creating for mobile, and most of all creating a dialog with our audience and your friends and followers
- Collaborate with a team to produce the most creative, compelling stories
- Develop contacts and relationships in the community
- Attend community events that include times outside normal work hours
- Have strong on-camera delivery with the ability to ad-lib
- Have excellent writing, packaging, and live skills
- Have an ability to shoot and edit using non-linear editing systems
- Must be able to report in a broad range of styles with good on-air presentation skills
- Have a demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Have a strong social media presence
- A specialized reporting experience (investigative) a plus
- Generate unique, compelling and innovative story and show ideas
- Minimum of one year of working in journalism, communications or related field preferred (entry level candidates will be considered)
- Experience in photojournalism, editing and content management systems
- Knowledge of professional journalistic standards as related to on-air, digital and social presentation
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots, with strong on-air presence and delivery skills
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Facebook and Twitter
- Knowledge of ENPS (scripting) and Edius (editing) a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.