CBS 19 is look for the next talented and energetic Reporter/Multi-Skilled Journalist to join our team in East Texas! The MSJ will create compelling content for all CBS 19 platforms, from TV to digital to social media. The successful candidate should have experience finding, developing, and pitching several quality news stories every day; shooting, writing and editing assigned stories under deadline pressure; and presenting stories in a captivating and authentic manner.
We want someone who can command breaking news and enterprise compelling content that fits the 12News brand of putting Southeast Texas First!
Are you digitally savvy? Innovative? Creative? And like to have fun? We want to hear from you!
• Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for digital platforms and television broadcast.
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
• Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
• Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting and accurate manner.
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
• Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
• Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms, including social media.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (user-generated content, social media comments/posts, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Transmit and present exciting live reports with current technology.
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or news director.
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• College reporting experience a plus
• Experience in photojournalism, video editing, and content management systems
• Understanding of the principles of professional journalism
• A portfolio with examples of strong news reporting
• Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
HOW TO APPLY