KIII-TV in Corpus Christi, Texas, the dominant local news station in South Texas, is looking for an ambitious and creative MULTI-SKILLED ASSOCIATE PRODUCER. This is an entry-level position. The ideal candidate is a strong writer, shows initiative, and is looking to gain valuable experience.
The best candidates will have a sense of urgency and a competitive drive that helps KIII-TV continue to beat the competition. We aim to make KIII-TV a master’s class in producing, teaching our newest recruits the skills they need to excel and move into a TV or digital producing role.
What You’ll Do:
- Write accurate, informative stories for both on-air and online with strong viewer value in an exciting, captivating and conversational tone
- Learn how to curate our website and how to create unique TV newscasts to best highlight the day’s most compelling stories
- Produce up the biggest stories of the day, drawing attention to them with pictures, sound, graphics, and an enhanced presentation
- Develop and pitch original story ideas for coverage
- Use social listening to find new content, enterprise stories and make contacts
Why You’ll Love It:
- Our Viewers – South Texas loves 3NEWS and continues to help us dominate the region. It’s much more satisfying to work for the number one station because you know everyone is watching.
- Our People – we want this to be a place where people come, learn and grow. You should be able to have fun while helping to improve the lives of the people we serve. Reach out to people who work here. Ask them if they’ve gotten better and enjoyed their time here.
- Our City – Corpus Christi is a diverse place to call home. We have more than 315,000 people, larger than cities like Cincinnati, Orlando and Pittsburgh. And you’re never far from the beach. You can live downtown, live in the suburbs or even live on the island, and you’re never more than 15 minutes away from having your toes in the water.
- Journalism and/or Mass Communication degree preferred
- Ability to work various shifts, including mornings, nights and weekends
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, AP Style or the state of Texas a plus
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.