KFMB– CBS 8, TEGNA’s CBS affiliate in San Diego, is searching?for a?Multi-Platform?Producer?who can organize?and?coordinate?news operations as well as assist in?creation?and distribution of engaging, compelling content across all digital and social platforms.??This role?will be a content creator, directly writing for our digital platforms, producing streaming media?and will help?execute the vision of newsroom producers and?editors. The role requires a focus on news gathering and multi-platform storytelling?across?broadcast, online and social?platforms.??
?This person will work closely with?members of?the entire news?organization.?This person must be?able to multi-task, using proprietary databases, government information systems, social media and digital tools to research and discover stories. This role requires exceptional organizing and planning skills.
- Aggressively confirm information about breaking news and dispatch crews with urgency?
- Write online content in a captivating and authentic manner, following AP Style guidelines?
- Use social media and digital tools, as well as traditional methods, to research, discover and flush out new content/story ideas?
- Work closely with newsroom leadership to plan appropriate staffing for daily and future news gathering
- Set up stories and/or interviews for newscasts and/or digital platforms?
- Proactively vet incoming news tips and coordinate story gathering?
- Coordinate live streaming?of news events online and on OTT, with heavy emphasis on breaking?news???
- Identify compelling, unique stories and user-generated content of interest to our?audience??
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3?years' experience?working with news or communications related field
- Excellent?AP?writing?(stories, social, push notifications), editing, and proofreading skills?
- Passion and vision for emerging media, ability to pivot based on new technology?and?processes?Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Comfortable meeting multiple deadlines per day
- Flexible with shift?assignments, ability to work all dayparts and weekends
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and timely
Sense of urgency with breaking news
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.