KFMB / CBS 8, TEGNA’s CBS affiliate in San Diego, is searching for an experienced and passionate Multi Platform Producer to support the creation and distribution of engaging, compelling content across all broadcast, digital and social platforms. This individual will work closely with the digital team members as well as the entire news organization. This position will produce original content for CBS 8 that will reach our customers whenever and wherever they are, on whatever device they are using at the time. They will also manage content produced by others, including research, copy editing, for our various desktop/mobile/social outlets. This position reports to the Digital Content Director.
The successful candidate is innovative, and inquisitive with strong writing skills across platforms combined with solid news judgment. Qualified candidates will have experience posting stories to digital-mobile-social platforms, working knowledge of Content Management Systems and the ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Write and post stories to all CBS 8 online Digital-Mobile-Social platforms
- Discover unique stories and angles to cover across all platforms
- Produce daily and long form enterprise stories often using public records, court documents, and other data to verify facts
- Report news as it happens with strong breaking news skills and generate web traffic through application of advanced social media and SEO skills
- Monitor news releases, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other online news sources for stories relevant to the San Diego audience
- Use CrowdTangle and other social engagement tools to discover unique content on social media
- Work with on-air reporters to support research and data collection for stories
- Work with and build strong relationships with all newsroom departments on content coverage across platforms
- Coordinate live streaming of news events online and on social media, with heavy emphasis on breaking news
- Identify compelling, unique stories and user-generated content of interest to our audience
- Create enterprise content (stories, videos, photo social posts, galleries) for the digital platforms.
- 3-5 years' experience working with digital content or related field preferred
- Excellent AP writing (stories, social, push notifications), editing, and proofreading skills
- Passion and vision for emerging media, ability to pivot based on new technology and processes
- Working knowledge of Content Management Systems, Basic HTML, and live stream technology
- Use digital and social analytics to inform editorial decisions
- Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources with an ability to work well with varied personalities within deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills
- High standard of professionalism and accuracy
- Flexibility in work schedule and able to work nights, weekends and holidays
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.