TEGNA Media is looking for experienced multi-platform journalists who can champion content from story pitch all the way to on-air presentation. Our Multi-Platform Journalists create interesting local entertainment and lifestyle content for Evening’s broadcast, online and social platforms. Journalists must be able to multi-task, sharing content before, during and after an Evening show broadcast or digital post. Ideal candidates are creative problem solvers with strong journalistic judgment, detail skills and an ability to think creatively. Our Journalists must be able to skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
Evening is the highest-rated local television magazine program in the country and has been honored with numerous regional Emmy Awards. If you are a visual storyteller, creative, and have a passion for producing great television that’s as engaging as your personality, we want to hear from you.
- Enterprise, write, shoot, edit and front local stories for on-air broadcasting and digital platforms.
- Cover nightlife, dining and various weekend events.
- Collaborate with paying clients and produce sponsored content.
- Help manage social media accounts for KING 5 Local Programming.
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Research for facts and credibility.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience on locally-produced programs preferred
- Minimum one-year on-air reporting experience
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Skills in producing engaging broadcast stories and digital content
- Strong social media skills
- Knowledge of ENPS, Adobe Premiere News editing and Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, be detail-oriented, highly creative, possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills, be a team player, have an interest in current affairs and the ability to work under and meet multiple deadlines
- Valid driver’s license
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
To be considered a candidate for an opening at KING, you must complete the online application on the employment tab found on: http://www.king5.com/about and attach your resume, video link, and cover letter.
We want to see some examples of your producing and editing that show your ability to balance graphics and video/audio elements, as well as examples that demonstrate your sense of pacing and narrative. It’s helpful if you send links to specific examples of your best work as it applies to this job and not just a link to your entire video page.
Paper resumes or any electronic information received that do not come through the online application process will not be considered part of the applicant pool.
TEGNA, Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug-free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.