KUSA-TV (9NEWS) is the TEGNA Media owned NBC affiliate in Denver and we are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic morning reporter to join the 9NEWS Mornings team. The successful candidate will possess a strong and memorable on camera presence in addition to the ability to find and tell meaningful enterprise stories during our 4.5 hour morning news block.
Editorial Mission Statement
9NEWS produces accurate, relevant news content across platforms, empowering people to make informed decisions for themselves and their families. 9NEWS is a brave space for journalists to pursue their purpose, find and tell truths, listen and amplify Colorado's diverse voices, and filter out disinformation to create understanding, accountability, enlightenment, and empathy.
The core values of 9NEWS are bravery, integrity, passion, curiosity, and inclusivity.
The compensation for this role will range from $28.85 per hour to $36.05 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
- Enterprise stories in addition to covering breaking news and following up on stories from previous days as well as previewing upcoming events.
- Present stories throughout each morning newcast from 4:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. on a variety of topics.
- Shoot, write and edit stories as well as work with a photographer depending on the circumstances.
- Produce digital versions of all original stories including a story written for publishing on our website and all digital platforms.
- Work with managers and producers to develop enterprise content throughout the morning time period.
- Potential fill in anchoring opportunities are possible.
- 1-3 years of experience as a reporter/multiple skilled journalist.
- Four year college degree in journalism, communications or similar is preferred.
- Ability to shoot, write and edit video on deadline required.
Travel: Frequent: More than 25
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.