Are you a morning person? Do you want to wake up East Texas with energy and enthusiasm? If the answer is yes – come join our anchors and producers who work as a team to create engaging and informative morning newscasts.
KYTX CBS19 is looking for a morning news anchor who is ready to challenge themselves in new ways to give our audience a reason to wake up and watch The Morning Loop. The ideal candidate is a team player and newsroom leader. Must have a proven ability to skillfully ad lib in any live situation and connect with viewers on all platforms. Strong enterprise reporting, shooting and editing skills are also top priorities.
If this sounds like you – grab your coffee and apply!
- Anchor morning & midday newscasts
- Generate unique, compelling and innovative story/show ideas and content
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting
- Excellent, creative presentation and writing skills a must
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media
- Strong social media skills, including an active presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Excellent use of social media for news gathering/disseminating and community engagement
- Cultivate sources and enterprise lead worthy reports
- Generate creative, content-driven live shots
- Community and/or talent appearances
- Perform other tasks as required by management
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to take leadership role in morning newscast production with strong news judgement
- 3+ years of anchoring experience (can include fill-in work)
- Strong on-camera delivery with the ability to ad-lib
- Excellent writing, packaging, and live skill
- The ability to write compelling copy and tell engaging stories
- Possess strong social media skills
- Establish sources, utilize social listening skills, cover breaking news, and pitch unique enterprise ideas
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.