Morning News Anchor
KSNW is excited to find the next newsroom leader to join our team. We are looking for an experienced journalist to join our team as a primary morning anchor. We are looking for individuals who are team players, strong writers, and interested in mentoring and helping others grow. The anchor will play an active role in the morning show and daily news development, participating in editorial meetings, script review, writing and working with producers throughout their shift. This position will require some reporting –franchise, investigative, in-depth or some other regular contribution to our content. An ethical journalist with strong storytelling skills and a desire to be an active member of the newsroom and the Wichita community will thrive in this position!
If you’ve never been to Wichita, it is a hidden gem! This underrated city boasts affordable cost of living, friendly people, great restaurants, up and coming arts and culture scene and very little traffic.
The News Anchor serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
- Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
- Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
- Acts as a field reporter as assigned.
- Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
- Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Fluency in English, bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in news reporting and anchoring.
- Superior on-air presence.
- Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar