WOWK-TV is the CBS affiliate in beautiful Charleston-Huntington, WV, and we are looking for an energetic, warm and team-oriented journalist to anchor our morning and noon newscasts. You will be the face of our show and the first person our viewers see in the morning. You will also play a key leadership role in our newsroom, helping to guide our producers, make critical decisions, and pitch in when necessary. 13 News is a collaborative, encouraging and POSITIVE place to work. We strive to find a good balance between hard work and having fun!
Charleston is the state capital and a thriving city filled with culture, heritage and great restaurants; Huntington is the home of Marshall University and a vivid art scene. Our TV market covers parts of three states (Kentucky, Ohio, and West Virginia) and is within easy driving distance of half a dozen major metropolitan areas. Whether you are hiking, biking, camping, or just looking for beautiful views, “The Mountain State” region is a great place to live and raise a family.
- Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
- Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Produces newscasts and communicates clear direction with team members.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
- Acts as a field reporter as assigned.
- Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
- Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Edits video clips as assigned.
- Writes content for the website and other e-Media platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in news reporting or anchoring. (More or less depending on market size.)
- Superior on-air presence.
- Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
You must apply online to be considered for this position. Please go to:
http://www.nexstar.tv under “careers” to access all career opportunities for WOWK-TV and Nexstar Media, Inc.
WOWK-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar