KTHV, TEGNA’s CBS affiliates in Little Rock, AR is looking for a Morning Multi-Skilled Journalist/ Noon anchor who knows the art of storytelling and wants to make a positive impact on their community. We need a dynamic reporter who can both break news and find fun morning live shots. This role also includes anchoring our noon show on a daily basis.
We are looking for a someone who is a leader. Someone who can create unique, shareable and compelling stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing. Candidates should have a portfolio with examples of strong anchoring, breaking news reporting and creative storytelling. We need someone who can dig for great story ideas, and turn them into great stories.
Candidates should also have good news judgement and be a team player willing to do whatever it takes to help make sure our newscasts are strong and compelling.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and informative manner.
- Generate creative, content-driven live shots.
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Community and/or talent appearances.
- Perform other tasks as required by news director or executive producer.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience required, preferably as an anchor/reporter.
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.
- Strong social media skills, including an active presence on Twitter and Facebook.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines.
- MSJ portion will require the ability to shoot, write, edit, and produce.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.