KOLR 10 in Springfield, MO is looking for an experienced weekday morning Meteorologist. This is an opportunity to be part of a team that has won has the most accurate forecast in the viewing area for 6 straight years. We are looking for a sealed Meteorologist or someone who is on track to get a seal. You’ll be on-air for 2.5 hours every morning, so you’ll need plenty of energy! The successful candidate must be passionate about weather and know how to make the forecast presentable and interesting. You should be able to produce creative graphics and make your show urgent and impactful. You must be extremely savvy with social media and web posting. You should also know how to do some weather reporting. Knowledge of WSI is a big plus.
Additional Job Description:
- Produces and presents weather reports for all platforms.
- Ensures that all weather content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers weather stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating weather programming and other content.
- Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Works closely with the weather team to develop comprehensive weather coverage.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Writes web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily basis.
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
Minimum five years’ experience in weather reporting or anchoring. (More or less depending on market size.)
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in weather reporting or anchoring. (More or less depending on market size.)
- Certified Broadcast designation from AMS and/or NWA
- Ideal candidate will be familiar with WSI Max technology
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Broadcast Meteorologist a must
- Must be proficient on all social media platforms
- Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to solve problems quickly
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends & ON CALL shifts
- Must be able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
- Fluency in English.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar