Have a passion for delivering a great weather forecast to help people start their day? KTVL in Medford, OR is looking for a meteorologist to join our morning news team.
KTVL is looking for a Meteorologist/Reporter to present the weather forecast in our AM and Noon newscasts. As our AM Meteorologist you are responsible for the content of the weather cast on-air and on our digital platforms.
The main day to day responsibilities of the role will include…
- Forecasting, producing and presenting clear and concise weather casts, which tell a story and connect with viewers for AM and Noon newscasts
- Issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and do live shots live during weather events
- Utilize social media during severe weather, as well as write weather stories
- Make public appearances on behalf of the station
- Pitching story ideas and developing contacts within the community
- Work with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
- Ability to tell memorable and meaningful stories, we value visual and compelling storytelling
- In -depth knowledge of forecasting
- Sharp news judgement and exceptional writing skills
- Ability to multitask while meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks
- Ability to demonstrate experience with active and visual live shots
- You must be flexible with scheduling
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Experience in weather presentation preferred
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group