WBNS 10TV seeks a creative and experienced content producer to develop interesting, informative and unique daily content for our morning show Wake Up CBUS. The Morning Content Coordinator is the key connective tissue between all time periods with an emphasis on winning our mission and setting the team up for success the next morning. With an eye geared toward the morning audience, this position can effectively plan and execute content for this critical time period. This person will work closely with the Executive Producer, Assignment and Digital Editors, Morning Producers, Digital Content Producers as well as the Morning Multi-Platform Producer. The candidate must have strong skills in developing stories, writing, booking guests, scheduling and conducting interviews and be highly organized.
- Research, develop and write daily topical news content
- Write in an exciting, captivating, conversational and authentic manner
- Coordinate content from early evening and 11pm time periods for presentation during Wake Up CBUS
- Book guests to enhance morning content
- Produce and write segments for the morning audience
- Writes broadcast packages and digital content for AM team daily
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 1-3 plus years of relevant experience writing scripts, researching and producing packages
- Understanding of the tenants of journalism
- Proven experience producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.