WMAZ in Macon, Georgia is looking for a creative and enterprising weekday morning and midday Anchor/Multi-Skilled Journalist who is an excellent on-camera communicator. We want a journalist who can excel at breaking news. This is a job for a journalist who thrives when creating unique stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing. The anchor must be able to work with producers to develop smart and engaging newscasts.
We need someone who understands what an honor it is to have viewers start their day with us. Someone who realizes that the morning news is as much about delivering the headlines they need to start their day, as a smile. Authenticity plays a huge role in relating to the audience and your fellow team members.
• Anchor broadcasts that are written and delivered in a conversational tone
• Contribute enterprise stories weekly for all platforms
• Deliver news in a smart and engaging manner for a general audience
• Develop original content through independent sources and social listening
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer photos, videos, webcam interviews, etc) to enhance stories
• Strong social media skills with an active presence
• You will be expected to take a leadership role in the broadcasts, assisting with the show's execution and writing
• Community and promotional appearances will also be a part of your job duties.
• Minimum two years of reporting experience and demonstrated anchor experience
• Ability to handle breaking news situations from the anchor desk and live from the field
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems and ability to shoot and edit your own packages
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to work different shifts, including mornings, nights and weekends
• BA/BS in journalism or a communications-related field preferred
• A portfolio with examples of strong breaking, general, and feature news anchoring and reporting
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.