NEWS CENTER Maine’s Portland station, WCSH6, has a unique job opportunity for a feature storyteller. The right multimedia journalist can find and deliver 2-3 human interest stories a week in our nightly PM Magazine show called 207. These feature stories typically run 3 – 5 minutes. In this role you will work with a highly skilled, veteran team of journalists who strive to produce original stories not seen on other media outlets. For each TV story, you will write a companion web story with extra digital assets. Fill-in anchor when needed.
- You will pitch, set-up, shoot, write, edit feature stories, and sometimes front them LIVE on the set.
- The right person has a knack for relentlessly digging and finding touching human interest stories and a passion for long-form storytelling.
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or similar field
- 2-3 years' experience as an MSJ/MMJ
- Experience in videography, editing, and posting to the internet
- Active on Twitter, FB, Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, and Axis graphics a plus
- Travel: Frequent: More than 25
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
HOW TO APPLY