JOB SUMMARY: The MMJ combines artistic talent, technical expertise, and composition skills to produce images that will provide a visual story on a given topic as assigned.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Shoots and edits news video stories, including daily news, special news, features, sports and live events.
* Takes direction from, and interact with, the assignment desk, producers, reporters, anchors and production control room personnel.
* Maintains and operates camera equipment as well as company vehicle safely and efficiently.
Minimum of 2 years video photography in a medium or major market TV News station preferred, but not required.
- Maintains positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments.
- Responds positively to feedback.
- Ability to edit raw video to newscast form in a manner to complete the story for the viewer.
- Proficient in social networking sites. Ex: Twitter, Facebook.
- Must be detailed-oriented.
- Must present professional image as a representation of the station at all times.
Education: High School Diploma or GED is required. A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in broadcasting, journalism, or related field preferred.
Training/Equipment: Operate live trucks and camera equipment.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
Must be able to operate computer and editing machine. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Position requires the transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. Position often requires work in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (subject to any medical or religious accommodations or other applicable law).
- Pre-employment and Random Drug Testing.
Allen Media Broadcasting offers strong benefits including health, vision, dental and life insurance for full time employees and a 401(k) contribution plan for eligible employees.
********* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply at: