If you have a passion for weather and then KWQC is looking for you. We have an opening for a weekend meteorologist. Our team of weather experts never get bored, we get all the seasons here in the Quad Cities! From sunshine to severe weather including snowstorms! If you have a passion for forecasting weather but also strive to keep communities informed and safe, then we want you.
This is a weekend position, but you will also work during the week that provides a great opportunity for doing digital story telling and could also mean time on our Digital News Desk.
The ideal candidate must be a great communicator with a passion for meteorology, a master of social media, and focus on lifestyle forecasts. The candidate must be organized, motivated and create great content for all platforms.
- Competent communicator with good speaking skills
- Knowledge of severe summer weather and winter storms a plus!
- Ability to go wall to wall in coverage of bad weather and stay calm under pressure
- Knowledge of editing and producing software
- Ability to forecast a variety of seasonal weather
- Be available to fill in on all shifts
- Desire to learn about forecasting and broadcast communication skills from a team of experienced professionals
- Passion for weather, telling a weather story, and getting out from in front of a chroma-key wall to dig deeper into the weather story for the day
- Desire to find weather related stories that highlight the importance of Midwest weather to the local viewer
- Ability to take national weather stories and make them interesting and/or relevant to the local viewer
– Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Meteorology or equivalency
• Prior on-air meteorology experience preferred
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and work well with a diverse station staff
• Must be willing to work flexible shifts, and be on call when necessary
• Valid driver's license and good driving record
• Excellent presentation skills, judgment and ethics
• Drive to develop original content
• Understanding of digital/social media platforms and strategy
• Produce content with urgency and immediacy
• Strong work ethic, organizational and leadership skills
• Integrity, accountability, teamwork
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Please indicate in your correspondence exactly where you heard of this opening.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants can apply at http://www.gray.tv/careers. Search for Davenport, Iowa.