WCIA 3… the Weather Leader in central Illinois has a unique opening for a Meteorologist looking to jump-start his / her / their career. This position provides a great opportunity to gain experience and receive coaching from a team of seasoned meteorologists.
Central Illinois is a challenging weather market that features all four seasons. Severe weather happens in Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter… and our team consistently rises to the challenge in bringing our audience life-saving information on-air, on-line and on social.
Our station has been certified as most accurate by the independent ratings service WeatheRate for 10 years in a row. Our audience trusts us and turns to us in severe weather situations and routine days as well.
Our ideal candidate will have the forecast chops to handle that wide meteorological range and the dynamic personality to actively engage viewers. We're looking for someone who shines on-air, but also is a leader in the digital space and on social media.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Respond to breaking and/or severe weather events as required to produce content for our digital platforms.
· Work closely with the weather team to support and extend comprehensive weather coverage on our digital platforms.
· Interact with our audience on station-branded digital and social media accounts.
· Participate in promotional activities including public appearances as needed
. Report/MMJ on weather related stories if assigned during the week
Requirements & Skills:
·Strong understanding of the field of Meteorology and a proven track record of accurate forecasting.
· Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
· Minimum of 1-3 years of experience with on-camera weather presentation required.
· Strong command of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to shoot video and perform non-linear editing a plus.
· Valid driver's license with a good driving record required.
· Flexibility to work any shift.
If you want to know more about this position, please contact Andy Miller, News Director for WCIA 3 at [email protected].
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar