Are you ready to join a weather department in one of the most dynamic weather markets in the country? Are you ready to contribute to your community as well as to the success of the TV station? KSNW TV in Wichita, KS, is looking for a talented Meteorologist who is ready to take on these challenges and more. Top notch forecasting and radar skills must be matched by great communication skills, a learning attitude, and a positive style. Our new Meteorologist will also need to be enthusiastic about competing in the digital age! Knowledge of Baron systems a plus. BS in Meteorology or equivalent required. AMS/CBM and/or NWA Seal preferred. If you are looking for a place to make a difference, and you have the experience, the enthusiasm, and the human touch in your on-air presentation, we want to hear from you.
This is a part-time position that would fill-in as needed on multiple shifts. Work could include on-air weathercasts, forecasting and weather producing behind the scenes, reporting live in field on weather-related stories. Must be available for weekends and early mornings/late evening shifts. There is potential for full-time work, for individuals with strong news reporting abilities, splitting time between general news reporting and meteorology each week.
JOB SUMMARY: Anchors weathercasts and can handle continuous severe weather coverage in the heart of Tornado Alley.
Two years of professional broadcast meteorology experience preferred.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Forecasts and prepares weather products across all platforms, including digital
- Anchors weathercasts on KSN and affiliated newscasts
- Anchors severe weather coverage and produces special content as required for severe weather
- Actively uses social media and other platforms to inform and engage viewers and grow audience
- Plays an active and visible role in the community
- Rock solid forecasting skill and love of meteorology
- Outstanding real time Dual Pol Doppler Radar interpretation skills
- Dynamic, personable, genuine on-air performance skills
- Knowledge and grasp of the fast-changing world of social media and delivering weather content across multiple platforms
- Excellent people skills to ensure smooth and productive working relationships both internally and externally
- Positive leadership skills to create and maintain cohesive weather team
- Fluent in English, Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
Training/Equipment: Familiarity with Baron broadcast meteorology systems a plus. Willingness to learn and gain expertise a must.
Requirements: BS in Meteorology or equivalent required. Transcripts will be required. AMS/CBM and/or NWA Seal preferred or the ability to obtain your seal.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: This position requires the occasional lifting of objects up to 50 pounds. Work may be conducted in extreme outdoor weather conditions. Position requires long hours, work on weekends, evenings and holidays. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar